Delta Zeta Chapter
It ain't easy, Being DZ
The Delta Zeta chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity was chartered at Norfolk State University in Norfolk Va, May 7th 1972. The charter members, wanted to organize a chapter that would truly exemplify the ideals of brotherhood, scholarship, and service.
Take away the letters, colors, and fancy words that individuals say when it comes to explaining exactly what fraternities are and how they represent themselves on college campuses. What do you really see and think about when you observe fraternities out-and-about in their communities doing service, events and social activates?
When you see the brothers of the Delta Zeta Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. you see a collection of men who came together for a higher purpose of SERVICE. That purpose is to serve not only the students at Norfolk State University, but in essence to serve every individual who is in need of service. The art of serving people is not easy by far, but the Delta Zeta Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. came together as one force to combat the things that combat our communities. “Culture for service and service to humanity” is the motto of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc., and the brothers of the Delta Zeta Chapter strive to up hold the fraternities motto at all times and with the best of conduct. Brotherhood, Scholarship, and Service is the principles in which every Sigma holds near and dear to his heart for those principles are what’s shapes the very foundation of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc.
To enhance the overall efficiency of the Delta Zeta Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. the chapter will:
. Maximize its efforts in establishing the standard to how young men are supposed to conduct themselves at all times, no matter the environment or situation.
· Uphold the Fraternities standards of Brotherhood, Scholarship, and Service with dignity.
· Reinforce ideals while educating communities on all of the national programs of the Fraternity.
· Efficiently maintain but ultimately increase the overall growth of the financial status of the chapter.
· Protect, serve, and nurture the constitutional bond that Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. proudly has with Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc.
· Establish strong bonds with other Greek letter Fraternities and Sororities, businesses, and other community organizations that also strive for the advancement of humanity.
· Be the ultimate example for young men who also enjoy serving others but also express interest in joining the Fraternity through this chapter.